Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Even in Despair...

The very definition of despair is hopelessness and yet even in despair there is hope. It is the very last thread that links despair to human nature. Why? Well, to despair is to make a final choice, a choice that leaves no room for doubt. It is like looking into the deepest abyss in the ocean and saying there is no end. Is there no end, even in the deepest abyss of the ocean? I should think not. And why should I think not? Because even in the finality of endless hopelessness, there is doubt. And doubt in despair is hope. And with that last thread, the world can hang on.

4 comments:

  1. i'm just gonna have to say that this is WAY to deep for me. you are going to have to write things for a more simple mind cause i'm just not gettin it man. but i'm sure if i understood what you were trying to say it would be AMAZiNG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Harmy! I love how you braid your words together through your intricate choice of word and meaning by... well, I can't say it as poetic as you, but you know what I mean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Harm, so profound! "... doubt, in despair, is hope." Wow, you got it right on the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We talked a little about despair in church today and my mind kept coming back to this, your comments. "And doubt in despair is hope." Your mind is something else!!

    ReplyDelete